Simon Mason shouldn’t be alive. Drop out, drug dealer, addict. He thought he was living the life as a drug dealer to the biggest bands in Britpop (Oasis) it took him ten years and multiple treatment and detox stays to get sober. Simon shares his tales and how music saved his life.
Listen to the episode now:
In much the same way as he once sought the ways and means to use drugs, Simon has, over the past 16 years of his recovery, sought an ever-changing creative way to carry the message of recovery. Simon has also worked as a sober coach to numerous musicians and other creatives for over ten years.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Simon’s traumatic childhood
- How music saved Simon’s life
- The power of human kindness
- Childhood trauma and the path to addiction
- Getting caught up in addiction and criminality
- How Simon started using drugs to cope with traumatic events from his childhood
- What it was like to become the go-to person for bands who needed drugs during music festivals in the late 80s and early 90s
- Touring with Oasis and the rockstar lifestyle
- The impact of our addiction on loved ones
- Accepting the need for help
- Simon’s journey to sobriety and the life he has carved out for himself.
- How fellowship has helped Simon deal with his shame and guilt in recovery
- Becoming a sober coach for musicians.
- Starting a band in sobriety
- And more!
Watch the episode now
Connect with Simon Mason
Mentioned in this episode
Join Veronica and Chip for one night only! The Sober Code is an exclusive workshop that takes a deep dive into exactly what it takes to make sobriety stick. Thursday, May 18th @1pm EST/ 6pm UK. Click here to learn more.
Resources for You
- Order my book | Soberful: Uncover a Sustainable, Fulfilling Life Free of Alcohol
- Join our Soberful FREE private Facebook group for community and support.
- Have you signed up for our sober tips yet? Join our free newsletter to get sober nuggets straight from us to your inbox every week.
- Submit Your Questions to Us
- We love hearing from you! Share your comments and feedback with us on our Instagram page @VeronicaJValli
Never miss another episode!
Get the sober life you've been longing for. Start by subscribing and we will deliver new podcast episodes as soon as they are released.