Veronica is joined by author, editor, and podcaster Ruby Warrington for a conversation about sobriety, motherhood, the role of women, and making choices. They explore what it means to be a mother, why women feel this is their primary role, and why more and more women are opting out.
Listen to the episode now:
Follow Us for FREE: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Podcasts | RSS
Ruby Warrington is a British-born author, editor, podcaster, and the founder of Numinous Books. Recognized as a true thought leader, Ruby has the unique ability to identify issues that are destined to become part of the cultural narrative. Her previous books include Material Girl, Mystical World; Sober Curious; and The Sober Curious Reset, and her work has been featured by countless media outlets globally, including the New York Times, The Guardian, and Good Morning America.
In this episode, Veronica and Ruby talk about:
- Being an introvert and not wanting children
- How having children impacts women’s careers
- The problem with society equating women’s value with motherhood
- How the relationship with your mother shapes your life
- The importance of acceptance in the decision of whether to have children
- How different generations parented and the impact it’s had on society
- Survival of the fittest
- Gen Z’s who don’t want children
- And more!
Connect with Ruby Warrington
- Website: RubyWarrington.com
- Ruby Warrington’s Books
Resources for You
- Order my book | Soberful: Uncover a Sustainable, Fulfilling Life Free of Alcohol
- Join our Soberful FREE private Facebook group for community and support.
- Have you signed up for our sober tips yet? Join our free newsletter to get sober nuggets straight from us to your inbox every week.
- Submit Your Questions to Us
- We love hearing from you! Share your comments and feedback with us on our Instagram page @VeronicaJValli
Never miss another episode!
Get the sober life you've been longing for. Start by subscribing and we will deliver new podcast episodes as soon as they are released.