TV and events presenter Carrie Carlisle joins Veronica to discuss her recovery from drinking and how she developed orthorexia when she got sober.
Listen to the episode now:
About Carrie Carlisle
Carrie Carlisle is a TV and events presenter, author, and newspaper columnist from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. She is an Ambassador for MIND Charity and also works alongside her husband, former professional footballer, Clarke Carlisle, delivering Mental Health talks and workshops.
In 2018 they won the Speaking Out MIND Media Award for raising awareness throughout the U.K. for suicide prevention. Carrie is passionate about using her own lived experiences, to help others empower themselves, to create great mental health on their own terms.
Carrie stopped drinking in 2006, without which none of the above could ever have been possible.
- How Carrie became aware of her drinking problem
- Learning to walk again whilst maintaining sobriety
- Exploring what it means to be a grown-up
- How to get sober and lose weight
- Reaching a point where she didn’t want to be herself
- It’s not just an eating disorder but an addiction
- Using momentum to overcome obstacles
- The importance of having a strong work ethic
- Learning how to deal with mental health issues.
- Misconceptions about men and mental health.
Connect with Carrie Carlisle
Resources for You
- Order my book | Soberful: Uncover a Sustainable, Fulfilling Life Free of Alcohol
- Join our Soberful FREE private Facebook group for community and support.
- Have you signed up for our sober tips yet? Join our free newsletter to get sober nuggets straight from us to your inbox every week.
- Submit Your Questions to Us
- We love hearing from you! Share your comments and feedback with us on our Instagram page @VeronicaJValli
Never miss another episode!
Get the sober life you've been longing for. Start by subscribing and we will deliver new podcast episodes as soon as they are released.