What do we need to look out for when we first get sober? Chip and Veronica go through H.A.L.T (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired) as well as S.B.H. (Stress, Boredom, and Hormones) as triggers that lead to a drink.
Listen to the episode now:
Learn how to balance your ever-changing needs.
In early sobriety, this is crucial because being out of balance can derail us very quickly.
That’s why today we’re talking about common triggers: H.A.L.T. (hungry, angry, lonely, tired) and S.B.H. (stress, boredom, and hormones).
When you are faced with these, you’re without your defenses.
They destabilize us and take us down a road where we make really bad choices.
Being able to identify when you’re getting out of balance and arming yourself with better strategies will make all of the difference.
- Preorder my book | Soberful: Uncover a Sustainable, Fulfilling Life Free of Alcohol
- Join our Soberful FREE private Facebook group for community and support.
- Have you signed up for our sober tips yet? Join our free newsletter to get sober nuggets straight from us to your inbox every week.
- Submit Your Questions to Us
- We love hearing from you! Share your comments and feedback with us on our Instagram page @VeronicaJValli
Never miss another episode!
Get the sober life you've been longing for. Start by subscribing and we will deliver new podcast episodes as soon as they are released.